Monday, January 26, 2009

What was I thinking??????

Just before Christmas I walked into "The Village Christmas Shoppe". My two older sons were at school, leaving me with my two little ones, Corey (who is a BOY) and Rylee ( who is a girl). For those of you who don't know, "The Village Christmas Shoppe" has lots of breakables including dept. 56. You know the expensive little figures and villages. I know! The fact that there are breakables in the store should have made me think twice, but I didn't. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I carried Rylee into the store in her car seat while Corey walked. I didn't have my stroller with me. I know, I know! Another big clue to stay out of the store, but I didn't. So in I go, and in goes Corey, my BOY! What was I thinking? I don't know if all boys are the same, but my three boys are, and by the third boy I should know better than to bring one of my boys into a store such as this one. But I did and now I own this! A broken dept.56 figure. I am happy to say that I didn't get mad at him. I just sighed as he gave me his cute little smile. That smile reminded me that he didn't even know what he had done. He loves cars and when he saw this car he just had to play with it. He was trying to show me the "cool car", as he called it, when it slipped out of his hand and hit the ground. So from now on, I go alone! Which means almost NEVER, because when am I ever alone. Oh, umm, NEVER! P.S. I am not bitter! Just a mom living a CRAZY life. Which in some crazy way I love.




6 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe you were able to not get mad...that's awsome! I love your new car figurine...hope it wasn't too expensive.

monet said...

you can't get mad...but seriously, will we ever get to use the bathroom by ourselves again?

Anne Marie said...

Oh boy! You were really good about not getting mad. What can you do at that point, right? Good job Mom!

rockkinrobbins said...

I laugh because I know how it is..but without the girl:P

King Family said...

The joys of motherhood!

Kate said...

Alicia- You are amazing. Not getting mad at Corey shows what a wonderful mother you are. Sometimes I find myself freaking out about spilled milk. So silly. At least you have one more funny story to tell. Well, maybe it will be funny to you someday in the future!